What we do
Our legal services can be consumed individually or together and are available on a standalone basis or in complement to your existing services enjoyed with us.
Will Power | Email us
Strong Willed. Where there’s a will there’s a way. Don’t leave your legacy in lost property. Have you got the power? Then follow our easy steps towards more certainty and freedom!
Making a will does not have to be a long complicated expensive process. We offer an affordable, quick and stress-free experience. We can write your will following either, a face to face meeting or a telephone call.
In order to write your will we need the following information-
- Personal details – full name, address, date of birth, dependents, relationship status.
- Your Estate- your estate consists of all the property you own or control for example, property, cash, monies, jewellery, life insurance, businesses. It also includes any liabilities you may have, for example mortgages, loans etc.
- Executors/Trustees- the person(s) responsible and trusted to manage your estate.
- Guardians- the person(s) who would be responsible for any of your children under the age of 18.
- Beneficiaries- The person or group of people who will benefit from your estate.
- Your wishes- Ranging from specific gifts you would like to make in your will, to provisions for pets, to funeral wishes.
The appointment, whether that is a face to face meeting or telephone call can be booked at a convenient time for you and will take as little as 30 minutes.
Following the appointment, you will be sent your draft will within 7 working days.
Our standard fee for a single will starts from just £265 plus VAT and for joint mirror wills from £395 plus VAT for both wills. However, if you would like to put powers of attorneys in place at the same time, discounts are available.
Probate | Email us
Grave Importance. Don’t leave your legacy in lost property.
If there is a will in place, a vital part of the probate process is locating the will so that the executors of the estate and the wishes of the deceased are known. If you’ve written your will with us, that part is easy! The next step is to apply for the grant of probate. This process requires obtaining up to date valuations of all the assets held in the estate, completing a legion of inheritance tax forms and preparing a statement of truth for the probate registry. Once probate has been granted, estate accounts will be required detailing all the receipts and outgoing payments during the final administration period so that the final distributions can be made. If there is no will in place, the rules of intestacy must be followed which can be a lengthy process and requires Letters of Administration as opposed to a grant of probate.
We offer a fixed fee service which will be tailored to you depending on what level of assistance you require and the complexity of the estate. Please contact us for a personalised fee quote.
We can provide as much support and assistance needed in order to obtain probate.
Along with our specialist tax knowledge, we can advise on all aspects of inheritance tax and complete all forms required.
Lasting Power of Attorney | Email us
The thinking done for you when you need it most.
Following a face to face meeting or a telephone call we can assist with putting a Health Lasting Power of Attorney and/or a Property and Finance Lasting Power of Attorney in place.
In order to complete the LPA we would need the following information -
- Personal details – full name, address, date of birth
- Attorney details- The people you choose to make decisions for you are called your ‘attorneys’. Your attorneys don’t need special legal knowledge or training. They should be people you trust and know well. Common choices include your husband, wife or partner, son or daughter, or your best friend.
- Wishes- When and what decisions you would like your attorneys to be able to make on your behalf.
The appointment, whether that is a face to face meeting or telephone call, can be booked at a convenient time for you and will take as little as 15 minutes.
Following the appointment, your draft LPA will be sent to you within 7 working days.
Our fees for preparing a LPA are £225 each however, if you would like to put both LPA’s in place, our fee will be £300 for both *. If we are writing your will at the same time, discounts are available.
* In addition the Office of Public Guardian charge a registration fee unless exemptions apply.
Inheritance Tax Wealth Reviews | Email us
A lasting legacy.
Death doesn’t need to be taxing. It’s important you plan today to protect tomorrow’s legacy.
We can arrange a face to face meeting at a time that is convenient for you to discuss your estate, your current exposure to IHT, and how your current and future wishes may affect this.
Details of your estate, which will consist of all the property you own or control for example, property, cash, monies, jewellery, life insurance, business. It also includes any liabilities you may have, for example mortgages, loans etc.
The initial meeting will take around 45 minutes to an hour depending on the complexity of your affairs.